Students learn to:
- Develop healthy eating habits
- Choose healthy snacks
- Increase physical activity
- Practice safe food handling
The youth program aims to enroll youth who come from limited resource families in rural and urban areas.
Youth must be between ages 5-18 and qualify for at least one of the following:
- Attend a Title 1 school in which 50% or more of the students qualify for free or reduced price lunch or breakfast.
- Receive free or reduced price school breakfast or lunch.
- Come from families receiving food stamps or other federal assistance.
How can my child or school participate?
Find a local EFNEP program by searching for your County EFNEP Office.
The youth program is delivered by EFNEP staff or volunteer teachers in schools and community based organizations. Staff and/or volunteers utilize one of several University approved curricula. We provide our curricula at no cost when you partner with us and teach 6-8 one-hour lessons!