Eating Healthy from Farm to Fork
*file76771* - Cannot connect to file!
Experiential in nature, the lessons actively engage the children in learning about healthy choices for food and fitness. The materials support the development of a positive school wellness environment that recognizes the relationship between health and nutrition and academic achievement and school success. Each lesson includes lesson introduction, objectives, nutrition competencies, teacher background information, two activities, making the connection, recipe activity, review, and parent letter.
*file76771* - Cannot connect to file!Eating Healthy from Farm to Fork...Promoting School Wellness is a nutrition education curriculum that makes the connection between local food systems, garden-based learning, school food service, and the establishment of healthy habits. These comprehensive materials integrate nutrition education into grade-appropriate lessons that are specifically designed around the Nutrition Competencies for California Children and directly correlated to the core subjects of the California Content Standards.
Children will make healthy food and exercise choices by developing positive attitudes towards foods and fitness.
- Expand their consumption of fruits, vegetables, and grains
- Expand the variety of their diets
- Recognize MyPlate and identify it as a guide to healthy eating
- Increase their understanding of the food continuum from farm production to consumption
- Eating Healthy from Farm to Fork - Kindergarten (Powerpoint, 2013)
- Eating Healthy from Farm to Fork - First Grade (Powerpoint, 2013)
- Eating Healthy from Farm to Fork - Second Grade (Powerpoint, 2013)
- "Kids" Font (Please use for proper formatting)
- Eating Healthy from Farm to Fork Flyer
- Farm to Fork Certificate - Kindergarten
- Farm to Fork Certificate - First Grade
- Farm to Fork Certificate - Second Grade
- Farm to Fork Book Labels
- Farm to Fork Name Tags - Kindergarten
- Farm to Fork Name Tags - First Grade
- Farm to Fork Name Tags - Second Grade